Why Do I Keep Hitting Myself Over The Head With A Hammer?
Because it feels so good when I stop…..
A lot of people have probably heard this phrase before. Meredith said it in an episode of Grey’s Anatomy once. When I first heard it I wasn’t sure what she meant but the more and more I thought I about what she said, I finally got it.
As women we do things, certain things, over and over again that usually cause us some sort of grief or pain and more often than not it involves a man. It can be anything from waiting for a date or sitting by the phone waiting for it to ring and usually once these things happen a sense of relief washes over us but the catch is as the high wears off from that encounter slowly but surely we start the cycle…..all….over….again. Hence, hitting ourselves over the head with the hammer.
These blows to the head can come in many different forms these are a few:
- Sending text messages waiting for and receiving no response for hours or sometimes days, or worse, not at all. And when it finally does it’s a one word response: “HI” or “Hey”
- Placing endless phones calls that go unanswered for days at a time.
- A subtle exchange of emails or tweets that get ignored or when answered are very short and one-sided.
- Promises of a returned phone call that doesn’t happen. At least not within the same 72-hours it was promised.
- Plans of another date or spending time together that seems to never come.
Posted on 09/16/2011, in Emo Thoughts, Rants and Raves, Relationships and tagged dating, dlsparks, greys anatomy, hearts, lies, life, love, men, relationships, women, writing. Bookmark the permalink. 13 Comments.